Thursday, December 1, 2011

Introduction

I am excited to introduce Julie Peng.com, my website that will serve as a blog and online portfolio. Please bear with me as I am still in the process of incorporating a publishing platform, as well as learning how to design on a Mac. In the meantime, I'll tell you a bit about myself. My name is Julie Peng, I graduated in December 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a double concentration in Finance and Marketing, and a minor in Communications. During my time as an undergrad, I worked on-campus as an office assistant for a little over two years, and took winter and summer courses in order to graduate a semester early -saving at least $20,000. Currently, I work as a sales associate in a commission-based setting in a department store. While it's not necessarily the ideal career I had in mind, I am lucky to have a job, an awesome supervisor, and wonderful co-workers. Furthermore, I have made some terrific friends from work that I continue to keep in touch with, some that no longer even work there.

I have a variety of interests. I love food, movies, museums, art, design, sports, etc. In high school, I played a lot of sports including track & field, lacrosse, and field hockey. In college, I devoted more time to various clubs and organizations. I am very lucky because I have supportive friends and family. Yet, I am still searching for the "ideal" career.

Note: I will refer to people by their initials in order to help maintain their privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment