Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Step Closer to a Healthier Life

Perhaps two years ago, I did a two-week Atkins diet which is known as the induction phase. I went from 110lbs to 96 lbs over a period of two weeks by eliminating carbohydrates and exercising twice a day. It was encouraging to know that I could discipline myself by restricting what I ate, and compelling myself to exercise on a daily basis.

I reached my goal and soon reverted back to my previous ways, and regained all the weight that I had lost. I didn't mind or felt discouraged nor did I feel like a failure because I did what I had set out to do.

Lately, I have started to feel very sluggish. Therefore, I have started to reincorporate exercise into my life with the goal of ultimately exercising at least 3-5 days a week and eating healthier foods.

I started yesterday on Saturday March 9 at 112lbs and did the Insanity workout (not the fit test). I felt like my body was deteriorating and crying for help as I clenched my fists and gasped for air. It was terrifying to realize how out of shape I have become. Now, I am not saying I am morbidly obese I am well aware that 112lbs is a decent weight. I am not saying, "I'm fat" in hopes that people will tell me otherwise. I know I am not fat. I just want to live a healthier life. Well, that and I want my face to look a bit slimmer without the use of plastic surgery :/.

Today is Day 2. I am trying to think of every possible excuse to delay the inevitable. My body is sore especially my calves, and lower back from Day 1. My Sunday brunch consisted of three hard-boiled eggs, spinach, some peanuts, and I snuck in a Ferrero Rocher. The gold foil wrapper taunted me and I said, "I MUST HAVE YOU!" So here I am now, feeling guilty for the crime I have committed. I need to exercise now :(

No comments:

Post a Comment